Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bottled Batch #8 & Brewed Batch #9

Well today I started another batch of my favorite Honey Wheat. 5 gallon size.

  • 6.6 lb of Wheat extract (Muntons)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 12oz Honey
  • 2 oz Hallertauer Hops (60 min)
  • Pitched with Wyeast 3056 with a 4hr swell.
Everything seemed to go as planned. Pitched the yeast at 80°F and it's now sitting at 74°F. Hope to get it down to about 70°F and keep it there.

OG: 1.068

Yesterday:
I decided to check the SG of the hard cider and it was already down to 0.996. That was VERY fast. Only 6 days. I'm hoping it didn't go bad. Had a funny smell but I have heard ciders smell funny. Tasted ok but the Mr Beer cider I brewed last took a while for the flavor to mellow out. I'm hoping this one didn't go bad. So I bottled it up and hope it turns out ok.

This would give the Hard Cider an ABV of 8.5% A bit more then I intended :)

No comments:

Post a Comment